The position involves telephone collections on automobile insurance claims. Candidate should have extensive experience in insurance collections and recovery. Other potential areas of experience that will be considered are telemarketing, customer service and sales. Candidate will be assertive, energetic, self-motivated, results-oriented, have good telephone manner, knowledge of collection laws, demonstrate decision making with strong negotiation and problem solving skills. Excellent communication and people skills are required in order to assure the level of customer service that our clients have come to expect. Must have ability to collect money AND keep clients happy. Full-time and Part time positions available.
Must be proficient in all phases of the Collections process. Position affords a considerable degree of independence so candidate must: have excellent organizational skills, have strong work ethic, be willing to learn, work with little supervision and have good time management. Must be able to handle difficult conversations and exhibit conflict management skills . This is a production oriented position and fast paced, the right candidate will be able to make a minimum volume of outbound calls. Must speak English fluently (bi-lingual is a plus). Must be able to work some night and weekend hours and be at work everyday to maintain a high contact ratio.
Subrogation Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Profile new and existing accounts and initiate collection recoveries through both verbal and written communications.
- Identify problem claims and recommend their disposition
- Negotiate with claimants or third parties an appropriate resolution of insurance claims pending against them
- Prioritize and document all activities for recovery
- Review claimants financial capabilities to ensure all possible avenues of recovery have been examined.
- Work with the various resources to determine location of claimants whose whereabouts are unknown.
- Answer correspondence
- Send requests to client liasons for information.
- Determine coverage and discuss billing and follow-up with claimants or insurance companies.
- Negotiate and document settlement offers
- Coordinate claim with other recovery departments such as arbitration
- Provide customer service to both the insurance carrier client and their insured
- Maintain awareness of laws that govern the collection activities.
- Work within specified time frames