Subroclaims® believes in finding the most talented person for each job we offer. If you believe you have the skills and talents to work with a top-notch team, please send us your resume. We are always looking for talented insurance subrogation professionals, as well as collectors, arbitration specialists and administrative staff.
Our salaries are competitive within the industry and most of our positions have incentives based on goals and results. Benefits to eligible employees include medical, dental, vision, 401k, flex spending account.
Subroclaims has openings for the following careers:
Actively and aggressively supports the arbitration services department. This involves administrative support in all areas of the arbitration process.
- Manages and files all incoming hard copy and electronic mail. Electronic mail includes correspondence from Arbitration Forums in the form of Answers, Decisions, Evidence, Reschedules, Counter Responses, Applications and Amendments.
- Manages all outgoing files including sorting, scanning, printing, data entry, distribution and mailing.
- Manages FTP and paper arbitration independent contractor files.
- Manages all new client placements as needed and on a daily basis.
- Provides clients with paper and electronic copies of arbitration work product as required.
- Corresponds with insured, adverse insurance parties, attorneys, claim representatives.
- Responds to all inquiries (voice/written) in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
- Learns tort and collection laws that would apply to the given state and situation.
- Learns to understand legal terminology and concepts through reading and review of legal documents.
- Provides arbitration quality control by reviewing completed arbitrations for completeness, accuracy and proper evidence, and cross checks with an in-house file management system.
- Monitors the files through an in-house file management system
- Monitors and enters arbitration decisions through an in-house file management system as required. These decisions are then sent on to the clients. Responds and reviews cross applications as needed.
- Performs collections work on unpaid arbitration awards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
INTERNAL: Other Subrogation personnel, Accounting, Customer Service and Information Systems.
EXTERNAL: Attorneys, insureds, claimants, other insurance companies, vendors, and various outside agencies.
All the above account abilities and activities listed above are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their Supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
The position of Arbitration Specialist involves liability analysis, evidence preparation and argument presentation on vehicle insurance claims. Candidate should have extensive experience in any or all of the following: insurance claims, subrogation, liability analysis, law. Candidates must have strong writing and communication skills, strong analytical skills and basic math skills. Candidates also must have a basic understanding of vehicular liability laws. Finally, candidates must be assertive, energetic, self-motivated, results-oriented, have good telephone manner, demonstrate decision making with strong negotiation and problem solving skills. Full-time and Part time positions available.
Arbitration duties include (but are not limited to):
- Review facts of loss and analyze/assess liability
- Gather relevant and necessary documents to support your theory of liability
- Write persuasive argument presenting your theory of liability
- Review and answer correspondence, requests for information, counter-arguments
- Challenge defenses, appeal errors
- Collect on awards
Related job duties also include (but are not limited to):
- Determination of coverage and other “arbitrability” issues
- Subrogation and negotiation prior to arbitration
- Reporting to, obtaining information, documents and settlement authority from and general communication with clients and their insureds
- Coordination of claims, file handling and recovery with other departments such as collections and subrogation
- Documentation of all activities
- Work within specified timeframes, deadlines and goals
Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Access preferred. Position affords a considerable degree of independence so candidate must have excellent organizational skills, have strong work ethic, be willing to learn, work with little supervision and have good time management. This is a production oriented position and fast paced, the right candidate must be able to make quick assessments and confident decisions. The candidate must also have strong typing skills and be detailed oriented with a minimum of errors.
Arbitration Writer (Contractor Position)
The position of Arbitration Specialist involves liability analysis, evidence preparation and argument presentation on vehicle insurance claims. Candidate should have extensive experience in Arbitration Writing and any or all of the following: insurance claims, subrogation, liability analysis and law. Candidates must have strong writing and communication skills, strong analytical skills and basic math skills. Candidates also must possess understanding of vehicular liability laws. Candidates must be assertive, energetic, self-motivated, results-oriented and demonstrate decision making with strong problem solving skills. Additional knowledge in other lines of coverage such as PIP, Med Pay and Property helpful. Candidates should be able to provide 2-3 case samples.
- Pick up each file’s pertinent documentation electronically when files are assigned and review different insurance carrier’s evidence/documents.
- Determine each files “Arbitrability”.
- Prepare the arbitration application Online Form in Arbitration Forum’s, Inc. website.
- Write persuasive Contentions presenting our Client’s theory of liability, theme of the case and request for damages. Handle challenge defenses, deferments, appeals and errors. Additionally, be familiar with Material Damage argument in Arbitration.
- Prepare a scene diagram, when helpful and/or necessary consistent with the Contentions, the claim file and the Client’s liability position.
- Choose, collate and otherwise organize the evidence package to support the Contentions and prove the Client’s position before the Arbitrator.
This is a contractor position. The candidates will, at his/her own expense, provide his/her own facilities or office to perform all Services and will work according to his/her own schedule. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently.
- 5 or more years of experience in Arbitration Contentions Writing.
- The Arbitration Specialist shall be completely knowledgeable in all Rules and procedures of Arbitration Forums, Inc.
- The Arbitration Specialist should have experience with Arbitration Forums, Inc. E-Subro Hub platform and be willing to become familiar with Arbitration Forums, Inc. Total Recovery Solutions workflow and filing process.
- The Arbitration Specialist shall also be well-versed in the California Vehicle Code and knowledgeable about the vehicle code of any state for which the Arbitration Specialist will be preparing arbitration files.
- The Arbitration Specialist shall also be conversant in the basics of negligence law, types of Evidence inherent in subrogation files and recoverable damages.
- High attention to detail with the ability to write persuasive case argument.
- Highly computer, software and Internet literate. Experienced in PDF documentation programs and proficiency with Outlook, Word and Excel.
Please submit your Resume describing your background and Arbitration qualifications along with sample Contentions case examples.
Subrogation Collection Manager
We are seeking a Manager Subrogation Collections, responsible for direct administration and control of the subrogation collection team. Our professional services environment requires an articulate professional with a strong background in collections. Candidate has record of exceptional attention to detail, and follow-up focused on managing cycle time. Strong research skills and prior experience with insurance claims recovery is necessary. Must be able to work cooperatively with multiple departments and clients.
- Disciplined and committed to results
- Strong management, negotiating and decision making skills. Ability to resolve conflicts. Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead, direct and motivate staff with integrity.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and sensitive to client relationships. Ability to interface with all levels of management, sales personnel and our customers. Can build strong departmental relationships. Interface with management, sales, administration, and accounting in resolving client issues
- Ability to acquire and comprehend knowledge of Company’s systems in a short period of time. Proficient in Excel, Access, and Word.
- Effectively motivate, coach and provide leadership and resources for a team of approximately 10-15 Insurance Claims Collections Representatives. Participate in interviewing and selecting representatives. Communicate collection strategies, policies, and procedures in accordance with federal and state regulations. . Establish performance guidelines for each individual subrogation agent as well as departmental initiatives to improve the overall performance. Write individual performance evaluations. Coordinate daily work assignments. Provide one-on-one assistance and on-going training for collection staff. Monitor staff workloads to ensure assignments are completed in a timely manner, make adjustments within the unit as necessary to ensure appropriate distribution of work assignments.
- Become involved in negotiations for payment plans, settlements or other arrangements by contacting claimants directly to secure payments and resolve balance discrepancies in a professional manner. Provide solutions to difficult customer situations and aid in problem resolution when necessary. Identify and report problem accounts.
- Monitor service quality delivery such as cycle time outstanding, percentage of claims in the various aging categories (i.e. 30, 60, 90, etc.), claim turnover, etc., production levels and processes and deliver effective, meaningful feedback to employees. Ensure department is maintaining adequate contact and interaction with claimants. Manage various performance and productivity objectives through scheduling, payroll, compliance, and adherence to department and company guidelines. Continually monitor the key claims recovery indicators. Maintain a thorough understanding of the facts and circumstances underlying the trends within the indicators and become involved at the earliest sign of negative trends.
- Project weekly and monthly collection targets Oversee the preparation and analysis of collection reports, budget forecasts, weekly/monthly reporting and other financial analysis/information as requested by executive management.
- Develop recommendations for the improvement of existing policies and procedures and follow through on the implementation of effective credit and collection policies and procedures. Where needed, establish new controls and oversight mechanisms over the claims recovery process. Develop and implement best practices. Require that the entire credit and collections team continually searches for and recommends ways to improve processes. Developing efficiencies with systems and training so that the number of staff required to handle the increasing volume of customers does not increase linearly as the customer base grows
The position involves telephone collections on automobile insurance claims. Candidate should have extensive experience in insurance collections and recovery. Other potential areas of experience that will be considered are telemarketing, customer service and sales. Candidate will be assertive, energetic, self-motivated, results-oriented, have good telephone manner, knowledge of collection laws, demonstrate decision making with strong negotiation and problem solving skills. Excellent communication and people skills are required in order to assure the level of customer service that our clients have come to expect. Must have ability to collect money AND keep clients happy. Full-time and Part time positions available.
Must be proficient in all phases of the Collections process. Position affords a considerable degree of independence so candidate must: have excellent organizational skills, have strong work ethic, be willing to learn, work with little supervision and have good time management. Must be able to handle difficult conversations and exhibit conflict management skills . This is a production oriented position and fast paced, the right candidate will be able to make a minimum volume of outbound calls. Must speak English fluently (bi-lingual is a plus). Must be able to work some night and weekend hours and be at work everyday to maintain a high contact ratio.
Subrogation Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Profile new and existing accounts and initiate collection recoveries through both verbal and written communications.
- Identify problem claims and recommend their disposition
- Negotiate with claimants or third parties an appropriate resolution of insurance claims pending against them
- Prioritize and document all activities for recovery
- Review claimants financial capabilities to ensure all possible avenues of recovery have been examined.
- Work with the various resources to determine location of claimants whose whereabouts are unknown.
- Answer correspondence
- Send requests to client liasons for information.
- Determine coverage and discuss billing and follow-up with claimants or insurance companies.
- Negotiate and document settlement offers
- Coordinate claim with other recovery departments such as arbitration
- Provide customer service to both the insurance carrier client and their insured
- Maintain awareness of laws that govern the collection activities.
- Work within specified time frames
Please e-mail your resume to:
Note the position you are inquiring about in the subject line or mail your resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
603 Campbell Technology Drive
Campbell, CA 95032-5059