The position of Arbitration Specialist involves liability analysis, evidence preparation and argument presentation on vehicle insurance claims. Candidate should have extensive experience in any or all of the following: insurance claims, subrogation, liability analysis, law. Candidates must have strong writing and communication skills, strong analytical skills and basic math skills. Candidates also must have a basic understanding of vehicular liability laws. Finally, candidates must be assertive, energetic, self-motivated, results-oriented, have good telephone manner, demonstrate decision making with strong negotiation and problem solving skills. Full-time and Part time positions available.
Arbitration duties include (but are not limited to):
- Review facts of loss and analyze/assess liability
- Gather relevant and necessary documents to support your theory of liability
- Write persuasive argument presenting your theory of liability
- Review and answer correspondence, requests for information, counter-arguments
- Challenge defenses, appeal errors
- Collect on awards
Related job duties also include (but are not limited to):
- Determination of coverage and other “arbitrability” issues
- Subrogation and negotiation prior to arbitration
- Reporting to, obtaining information, documents and settlement authority from and general communication with clients and their insureds
- Coordination of claims, file handling and recovery with other departments such as collections and subrogation
- Documentation of all activities
- Work within specified timeframes, deadlines and goals
Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Access preferred. Position affords a considerable degree of independence so candidate must have excellent organizational skills, have strong work ethic, be willing to learn, work with little supervision and have good time management. This is a production oriented position and fast paced, the right candidate must be able to make quick assessments and confident decisions. The candidate must also have strong typing skills and be detailed oriented with a minimum of errors.