Actively and aggressively supports the arbitration services department. This involves administrative support in all areas of the arbitration process.
- Manages and files all incoming hard copy and electronic mail. Electronic mail includes correspondence from Arbitration Forums in the form of Answers, Decisions, Evidence, Reschedules, Counter Responses, Applications and Amendments.
- Manages all outgoing files including sorting, scanning, printing, data entry, distribution and mailing.
- Manages FTP and paper arbitration independent contractor files.
- Manages all new client placements as needed and on a daily basis.
- Provides clients with paper and electronic copies of arbitration work product as required.
- Corresponds with insured, adverse insurance parties, attorneys, claim representatives.
- Responds to all inquiries (voice/written) in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
- Learns tort and collection laws that would apply to the given state and situation.
- Learns to understand legal terminology and concepts through reading and review of legal documents.
- Provides arbitration quality control by reviewing completed arbitrations for completeness, accuracy and proper evidence, and cross checks with an in-house file management system.
- Monitors the files through an in-house file management system
- Monitors and enters arbitration decisions through an in-house file management system as required. These decisions are then sent on to the clients. Responds and reviews cross applications as needed.
- Performs collections work on unpaid arbitration awards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
INTERNAL: Other Subrogation personnel, Accounting, Customer Service and Information Systems.
EXTERNAL: Attorneys, insureds, claimants, other insurance companies, vendors, and various outside agencies.
All the above account abilities and activities listed above are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their Supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.